Powered by Blogger.

Chit-Chat: Lessons from the Bruise

Hello eagle's, 
I'm so sure we enjoyed last week's long holiday and we are excited to get back to work.. *wink*
It's a new week, brace yourself up for new challenges and tests. 
Let me tell you a story! 

Yup!  That's my hairy leg. And this was a recent accident.
On my way home last week with my lovely friends,  i jumped off the road in an attempt to flee from a bus that was out of his lane on high speed. I didn't notice the gutter, this leg slipped in *ouch*and the other followed but landed on safe soil. Lol
You needed to see me jump. When adrenaline kicks in, awesome things happen.
I treated this bruise with warm water and salt that night and that was it.

Days after I had a convo with my friend and somehow my eyes went to this leg and i saw this bruise...... and I got irritated, I could feel my body shake, I became uneasy.

Let me say that what we were talking about had nothing to do with how I got that bruise oh!  But our topic was not very pleasant sha.

I learnt few things from that incident:

1. Wounds leave marks. This is no news, but never forget that.

2.Bruises are just reminders. They can't bring back the pain you felt at the time you were wounded. So don't break down when you look at your them.

3. Some bruises  don't leave marks...... Note that I said "some".

4. Bruises signifies healing!  Yup, this is hopeful. The wound and pain won't last forever. *dancing shoki *
5. Jesus heals and restores.... just surrender it to him and let him.

And finally,
6. Talk positive, I know it hurts so bad but try not to talk about it so much.. repetition is key to meditation! I'm sure you don't want to be meditating on hurtful things. Just remember that "it could be worse"

With time I'll look at my leg again and I won't find the scar anymore. Just a memory that will make my heart rejoice. 

Do you think your damaged beyond repair? 
Do you remember with grief in your heart the hurt and pain those wounds have caused you? 
Let this words sink in; 
“Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God” (Psalm 42:5).





14 comments

  1. Hello Ugo *Head Eagle in Charge*
    Hope your hairy leg is doing Better. Next time "Look before you leap" 😊
    Great message. The book of Psalm is in my opinion the most Comforting and Inspiring ... guess that's it's called the book of Love.
    Be Blessed, Safe, Well and Have a Marvelous Day! Love ya, Sis 😊 peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes dear,it's healing fast.
      I agree with you so much comfort in that book.
      Xxx
      Thank you love!

      Delete
  2. Blessings......
    Glad you are well and suffered nothing more than a bruise...praise God.

    stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact that we sometimes get the most powerful lessons from simple life experiences. I've had a similar experience and believe me, I was just angryy before I finally saw the light. Thanks for sharing.
    Beauty Hacks You Want To Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I pray for is that I remain sensitive and learn from other people's mistakes.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. "When adrenaline kicks in, awesome things happen" Lol.. I sure am Glad you got wisdom from the pain though. Thank you for being an inspiration Ugo.. Best wishes moving forward. xx Mamba Out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've missed you and your comments bubba..
    Moving forward is the only option we have:)
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess by now the wound must have healed and maybe left a little scar. Hope you feel better now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually there's no scar... and I do feel better too:)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Way to find the good in a bad situation and learn some lessons. Keep up that great attitude. It'll take you great places darling!

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is a light bulb.
Share and light up this space!